Join Our Team
Finance Consolidation Specialist
In response to increased demand for IBM Cognos Controller services, we are looking for a Cognos Controller Product Specialist. As IBM Gold Business Partners, we supply software licences on behalf of IBM and offer training and technical support across the complete IBM Business Analytics suite, we are looking for someone to join our team based remotely in the UK, on a full-time or part-time permanent basis.
If you think you have the expertise to fulfil this role, please read the full job description and apply directly via email at email@example.com
Job Title Finance Consolidation Specialist
Posting Location Remote
Hours 37.5 hrs per week. Part-time will be considered.
Salary £35000-£55000 per annum, dependent on experience
Consolidation Specialist– Aramar Solutions Ltd deliver expert consultancy services, supply
software licences on behalf of IBM and offer training and technical support across the complete
IBM Business Analytics suite. We are now looking for a Cognos Controller Product Specialist to join our
team based remotely in the UK, on a full-time or part-time permanent basis.
Working as a Consolidation Specialist, this will be a very varied role. It can involve being part of
a large team delivering large projects or delivering smaller programmes of work. It can also
involve working on smaller projects where the Product Specialist is the only member of Aramar
staff involved in the project. National travel and nights away from home may occasionally be
required to fulfil this position.
The Consolidation Specialist will be required to:
• Understand customer requirements to produce accurate project scopes, solution designs,
timelines, and resource estimates.
• Work with software to develop solutions from scratch.
• Work with software to re-build or re-engineer existing solutions.
• Implement Aramar out-of-the-box solutions.
• Migrate customer solutions from local installation to cloud platforms.
• Assist the Support Team with customer support cases.
• Deliver training to customers.
• Build proof of concept to support sale team in specific sales opportunities.
• Prepare clear system documentation for every project.
• Maintain Aramar project records including progress reports, timelines and ensure that
decisions reached in project meetings are appropriately documented.
• Update customers on project progress.
• Regularly review own progress against initial scope, timeline, and resource estimates
• Raise with customers immediately if requests fall outside of scoped work.
• Manage own tasks within a customer project.
• Manage own workload across multiple projects.
• Accurately record their time in Aramar time recording systems.
• Strictly adhere to the Document Retention policy
As the Consolidation Specialist, you will be a fully qualified Accountant with experience of
complex consolidated group accounts (including multicurrency) and working knowledge of finance
systems. You will have excellent verbal & written communication skills and well as interpersonal
skills. You will have the willingness to help customers and colleagues and can mentor and coach
team members. You should also be able to work with a significant amount of self-management and
self-service as well as efficiently and diligently under pressure. You will be able to prioritise in
ever-changing situations, problem solve and clearly communicate the pros and cons of different
approaches to our clients. Senior stakeholder management and influencing skills are required.
Knowledge of IBM Cognos Controller desirable but not essential.