IBM Planning Analytics is an integrated planning solution that uses AI to automate planning, budgeting, and forecasting and drive more intelligent workflows.
Built on TM1, IBM’s powerful calculation engine, Planning Analytics enables collaborative, interactive planning and super charges your performance analysis and reporting.
You can keep the traditional MS Excel interface you know and love, but get to add advanced tools like multidimensional analysis and planning, to drive faster, more accurate plans for FP&A, sales, supply chain and beyond.
Why Planning Analytics? The business benefits
IBM Planning Analytics enables organisations to harness the power of collaboration with managed workflow. It provides data aggregation and calculations, and allows users to review and analyse results and details from thousands of data points in real time. Plus, users can store key business logic and calculations in a secure application, where changes are made only by designated administrators and are immediately replicated to all participants, eliminating errors and conflicting data.
Planning Models without limits
- Handles very complex rules, allocation methods and huge quantities of data
- No cube size limitations
- Works with complex data structures and multiple alternate hierarchies
Dashboards and analysis
- Simple to use web dashboard authoring
- Excel add-in with drag and drop interface, slice/dice, drill up/down
- All new modern look and feel
- Extensible modelling - can start in one area and build upon it
- Used by large and small organisations
- Enterprise scale security
- Robust data encryption
Flexible hosting options
- IBM Cloud
- Your Cloud
- On Premise
Rapid new release cycles
- New features released every month
Fast calculation engine
- Calculations can be real time or on demand
- Fast to import data due to in-memory technology
Extensible / fully integrated FPM suite
- Seamless integration with advanced reporting suite "Cognos Analytics"
- Seamless integration with advanced financial consolidation suite "Cognos Controller"
- Large user base with active community support pages
Time saving planning features
- Data spreading techniques
- What if analysis
- Version control
- Data validation