The role of the Senior Consultant is designed to perform the following functions:
Provide IBM Planning Analytics services to customers on behalf of Aramar, specifically:
- Solution design
- Solution development
- Solution implementation
- System migration
- Best practice advice
- Training and mentoring
- Support issue resolution, where first line support is unable to resolve
Prepare content for inclusion in Statements of Work and Proposals including solution designs, timelines and resource estimates.
Help mentor other members of staff, sharing knowledge and ideas.
Deliver software demonstrations as part of sales activity or solution design.
The role in practice
The role of Senior Consultant can require being part of a combined Aramar/customer project team or involve working on smaller projects where the consultant is the only member of Aramar staff involved and must see the project through end-to-end.
A significant amount of self-management will be required to keep on top of workloads where there are a number of workstreams running simultaneously.
The Senior Consultant will be booked onto customer assignments by the Operations Manager. This therefore requires the Senior Consultant to keep their calendar up to date and to liaise with the Operations Manager regarding workload and commitments.
- Designing IBM Planning Analytics solutions using Aramar documentation standards
- Developing IBM Planning Analytics solutions to Aramar standards of coding, structure and documentation
- Managing system migrations. Liaising with customer IT staff and IBM cloud teams.
- Training and mentoring of customer staff in the use and development of IBM Analytics software.
- Providing accurate time estimates, work plans and timelines for inclusion in customer proposals and Statements of Work.
- Keeping informed on the latest IBM Planning Analytics developments.
- Contributing to Aramar’s best practice standards.
Technical skills & knowledge required
- Able to write logical, concise, efficient and well-documented code for in both TM1 rules files and Turbo Integrator processes.
- Able to design and build Planning Analytics solutions that are efficient in operation and easy to support.
- Able to use the Aramar coding standard approach for all development work.
- Knowledge of how to use the Planning Analytics Workspace web interface for solution development
- Able to design and build user interfaces, reports and dashboards using Planning Analytics Workspace
- MS SQL skills to be able to work with source data and understand source data structures.
- Understanding of ETL processes and data manipulation.
- Strong MS Excel and MS Word skills.
Non-technical skills and personal qualities required
- Excellent customer communication skills. The Senior Consultant must foster the customer’s trust in them as an individual and in Aramar as an organisation. This requires clear and composed verbal interaction, high-quality concise written communication, and strong numeracy skills.
- Friendly and approachable. Comfortable to interact and influence at all levels of seniority and with varied personalities and styles.
- Enthusiastic team-worker keen to share knowledge, experience and ideas with the Aramar team.
- Can-do attitude, keen to step forward to help out.
- Comfortable with taking responsibility.
- Clear thinker and decision-maker.
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills.
Find out more about the benefits of working at Aramar here
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.