Cognos Enterprise Planning is still very much in use by thousands of organisations, but we believe future enhancement of the product is unlikely, and the availability of the relevant expertise is diminishing.
At Aramar, we are fortunate to have many years’ experience of implementing, developing and supporting Cognos EP. If you need help with support, training or development of your existing Cognos EP implementations, please get in touch.
If you would like to find out more about what the latest IBM Cognos products have to offer your Planning cycle, then we would love to hear from you. There is no upgrade or standard migration from Cognos EP, but we are very experienced at helping our customers move to the new technology, with the minimum of fuss and cost, and a vastly improved experience at the end.
Our customers who have moved from Cognos EP to a Cognos TM1 platform for their planning are enjoying the following benefits:
- Instant aggregation of data. No more waiting for synchronise and GTP!
- Very stable platform. No more job server crashes!
- Instant integration with IBM Cognos BI. No need for a Data Publish!
- Ability to cope easily with vast quantities of data and detail, thanks to TM1’s in-memory calculation engine
- Greater scalability allows users to budget and report at a more detailed level and over far longer time periods
- Much faster timescales for preparing, approving and publishing budgets and forecasts
- Easy scenario modelling with TM1’s sandbox functionality
- The same workflow functionality that everyone loved is available in TM1