IBM Cognos Enterprise Planning
IBM Cognos Enterprise Planning was a market leading product for budgeting, reporting and forecasting for many years but is now eclipsed by TM1.
Cognos Enterprise Planning is still very much in use by thousands of organisations, but we believe future enhancement of the product is unlikely, and the availability of the relevant expertise is diminishing.
At Aramar, we are fortunate to have many years’ experience of implementing, developing and supporting Cognos EP. If you need help with support, training or development of your existing Cognos EP implementations, please get in touch.
If you would like to find out more about what the latest IBM Cognos products have to offer your Planning cycle, then we would love to hear from you. There is no upgrade or standard migration from Cognos EP, but we are very experienced at helping our customers move to the new technology, with the minimum of fuss and cost, and a vastly improved experience at the end.
Our customers who have moved from Cognos EP to a Cognos TM1 platform for their planning are enjoying the following benefits:
- Instant aggregation of data. No more waiting for synchronise and GTP!
- Very stable platform. No more job server crashes!
- Instant integration with IBM Cognos BI. No need for a Data Publish!
- Ability to cope easily with vast quantities of data and detail, thanks to TM1’s in-memory calculation engine
- Greater scalability allows users to budget and report at a more detailed level and over far longer time periods
- Much faster timescales for preparing, approving and publishing budgets and forecasts
- Easy scenario modelling with TM1’s sandbox functionality
- The same workflow functionality that everyone loved is available in TM1
IBM Cognos Finance
IBM sold Cognos Finance to Unicom Systems Inc in August 2014. Many companies are still using Cognos Finance for management and statutory reporting, but are finding consultancy expertise extremely rare.
Aramar is one of the few consultancies in Europe that can provide Cognos Finance skills to support, train and develop existing applications.
If you are interested in progressing beyond Cognos Finance, the ideal solution is often IBM Cognos Express.
Find out more about life beyond Cognos Finance, and ask us about our CFCX Converter, a solution we have developed to transform your legacy Cognos Finance application to the latest IBM Cognos technology, with a minimum of fuss and cost.
Cognos Series 7
Cognos Series 7 was a trail-blazer product suite which introduced many organisations to Business Intelligence, and Series 8 provided richer functionality.
We find that most organisations have moved on to the latest versions of IBM Cognos to benefit from the improved functionality, power and integration. If you have decided to remain on these versions, we can help you get the best out of them, or advise and assist you in moving to the more modern platform.
Many of our consultants have experience with Cognos Series 7 and 8 which includes:
- Metrics Manager