IBM Cognos Controller is a Financial consolidation application that supports the complete close, consolidate and report process. With automated consolidation, elimination and currency translation, it enables Group Finance to re-gain complete control over the period end close process.
Controller is trusted by Finance directors of large multi-national organisations world-wide to deliver reliable, auditable results and a faster close. Where complex ownership, intercompany trading, multi-currency, multiple GAAP and changing group structures are a problem, we recommend Controller to provide clarity, accuracy, integrity and stability.
Controller is easy for accountants to adopt and can be owned and managed completely by the Finance function, with no intervention required from IT. It integrates fully with IBM Cognos TM1, Cognos BI and CDM, making Group Finance data available for reporting, analysis and planning.
- Finance owns the consolidation process—Define and maintain all financial consolidation rules and processes from the office of finance – no IT assistance required.
- Full financial close management solution—Address your extended financial close process.
- Multiple hierarchies enable different financial and management structures to be consolidated at the same time.
- Date-stamped group structures enable historical group results to be preserved and compared.
- Clear distinction of base Finance data, all group adjustments and eliminations.
- Scalable to serve both midsize and larger organizations—Handle simple to complex close, consolidation and reporting process requirements.
- Local and global financial consolidation—Meet the complete range of consolidation and reporting requirements including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Integration with both IBM and non-IBM systems—Work with financial data in a variety of formats.