For this role we are looking for someone who has worked in a Technical Support role and is technically proficient in several different technologies and products.
The role is designed to provide the following functions:
- To provide first line helpdesk services and second line technical and application support services, ensuring that Aramar are meeting response times outlined in Service Level Agreements.
- To provide technical expertise and assurance on both internal and client projects
- To manage, monitor and maintain both internal and customer server environments, delivering customer performance reports/metrics as contracted or requested
- To develop a programme of regular engagement with supported customers and ensure customer information is kept updated.
- To manage the renewal process for 3rd party support and subscriptions.
Experience and skills required:
The Technical support Lead is responsible for managing Aramar’s helpdesk, technical capabilities and internal infrastructure. They will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the support function and will be expected to ensure the support function maximises revenue and improves efficiency. This role will involve a significant amount of self-management and self-service.
The key components of this role are:
- Awareness of technologies
- A detailed knowledge of our core supported product sets
- A continuing awareness of ‘best practice’ relating to our core product sets
- Awareness of new software versions and available functionality
- Security practices, both IT related and practical
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Active willingness to engage beyond the core set of technical skills into our IBM applications
- Willingness to help customers and colleagues
- Ability to prioritise in ever changing situations
Technical skills that are relevant to our business include:
- Windows Server to MCSE level
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft active Directory
- Web Server Technology
- Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- LDAP and other Security Protocols
- General SQL coding knowledge
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ETL Tools
- IBM Cognos Analytics
- IBM Cognos Controller
- IBM Planning Analytics
- Other Finance and ERP systems such as JDE, Oracle Financials, SUN
If you think you have what it takes to be Aramar’s Technical Support Lead then send over a CV and covering letter to [email protected]