The role of the Support Consultant is designed to provide the following functions:
- To provide first line support to our supported customers, working through issues to successful conclusions
- To provide an interface between the Company and the customers during the term of their support agreement
- To work with our Consulting team on customer reported issues as and when they arise
- To work with our hosting provider to resolve any issues that our hosted customers experience
- To keep informed on known issues and workarounds through regular research
- To be creative in troubleshooting and resolving problems, giving confidence in our abilities
- To be successful in supporting customers and protecting support revenues by giving good levels of service
- Ensure that Aramar maintain responses within Service Level Agreement for customers
The Role in Practice
The Support Consultant is a regular contact between the Company and the administrators of applications on customer sites. It is vital that they provide assurance to the customer that we can provide a solution to their technical difficulties. The Support Consultant often needs to liaise internally with colleagues outside of the support team relating to issues that arise which need specialist attention.
The Support Consultant does not need to be an expert in the Cognos products but must be able to demonstrate an understanding in several key software application areas. Their strength will be their understanding of the infrastructure that surrounds and interfaces with the Cognos products.
The Support Consultant role often builds up key relationships with our customers. It is important that the Support Consultant knows how to handle different situations especially those delicate situations requiring time critical support. It is important that the Support Consultant can assess the situation quickly and escalate issues as required.
The Support Consultant must have good verbal and written communication skills. Troubleshooting will often require demonstrating a concept or solution on a client’s PC using remote control software and it is vital to provide clarity in explaining the situation. Email correspondence and documentation of problem resolution is also a regular part of the role so clarity in written communication is vitally important.
The Support Consultant must have good knowledge of the Support Software (Team Support) and be able to make use of it to get the best value from the software for Aramar.
The Support Consultant will also liaise with Consultants who may be on client sites providing solutions to issues raised on projects. Such issues are treated in the same way as if a customer were raising the issue with us.
The Support Consultant will also liaise with 3rd Party Suppliers and Partners regarding software defect support. This will often lead to significant portions of time creating test case scenarios for supply to development teams to correct. These tasks often require Support Consultants to follow guidelines laid out by our suppliers.
The Support Consultant will be able to spot on-going opportunities and pass them onto the correct colleagues. Opportunities that regularly arise are:
- Training Requirements
- Additional application support requirements
- Possible consulting engagements
- Licence opportunities
- Upgrade opportunities
The Support Consultant is central to a successful relationship with our customers and should be trusted advisors by several our top customers. They will be involved in supporting the customer through the life of their contract with us and will assist with issue resolution, workarounds, and general troubleshooting.
A Support Consultant will have a general awareness relative to their area of expertise but within the context of our business. They will have: -
- Awareness of technologies.
- A detailed knowledge of our core supported product sets.
- A continuing awareness of "best practice” relating to our core product sets.
- Awareness of new software versions and available functionality.
A successful candidate should have experience in: -
- Previous support desk experience
- Office 365 management
- Experience of Active Directory and Windows networks
- Windows Server 2012, 2016 experience
- SQL experience
- An understanding of security protocols/configurations
Find out more about the benefits of working at Aramar here.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.